Welcome to the Supremo World
The Supremo1 Wi-fi Action Camera is an action camera, which means its a perfect companion for your outdoor activities such as surfing, mountain biking, sky diving, and trekking since it is very portable and rugged enough. It is waterproof and can go as far down as 30 ft underwater so you can also use it for diving or snorkeling. Action cameras are usually used for recording videos, and are extremely popular amongst extreme sports enthusiast.
Supremo1 is often compared to SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi and Xiaomi Yi. All three action cams are available in Philippine market. For the Supremo1, I got mine from Kimstore. I spent a total of Php4709.00 including shipping. (Supremo1 Action Camera Unit P3880.00 / Jackpod P500 / Shipping fee and insurance P329.00). As of posting, they still have a 65% off promo for the Supremo1. For product inquiries, send them a private message on their Facebook page or visit their website.
* 12MPx interpolated camera (4MP shooting power)
* Comes with 2-inch HD Preview Screen
* Videos at 1080p@60fps or 30fps, 720p@120fps, 720p@60fps
* WiFi capable
* Compatible with GoPro accessories
* 150-Degrees Wide Angle Shots
* Up to 30 feet underwater
* Remote Control Capabilities
* 1000mAh Battery
* 100 Minutes of Recording/Battery
* 78 grams only!
* Expandable memory up to 32GB
What’s in a box?
* A MicroSD Card is needed for your Supremo1 to work. It is highly recommended that you use a Class 10 microSD card for your photos/videos to appear noiseless. Maximum expandable memory space is 32G.
* You will also need a USB Power adapter, if you dont want to charge your camera using your computer.
Getting to know your Supremo1
Setting up your Supremo1
Charging your Supremo1
1. Insert the battery correctly. Supremo1 logo should be on the same side as LCD. I added this on the steps because there was this one time that I inserted the battery wrong. 🙁 Yep, sh*t happens.
2. Connect the camera to a computer (or other USB powered source) using the provided USB Cable. Again, USB power adapter is not included in the box. Yes, you can use any USB power adapter for the USB cable. At one point, I even used the cellphone charger of my Xperia Z3.
3. If the camera is on when charging, 3 red lights will glow red until the battery if fully charged. If it is off, only one red light will glow. Remember, solid red light. So if you happen to commit my mistake (see #1), the red light will blink.
4. A completely flat battery will take about 5 hours to be fully charged. The indicator light will turn off once it is full.
Setting up the remote
You need to do this before turning the camera on and you only need to set-up once.
Reading the online Supremo1 group discussions, and even in the feedbacks from online sellers and official Supremo1 FB page, it seems that the primary issue of the Supremo1 is the wrist remote setup.
In the user’s guide, there are 3 steps on how to setup the remote. Personally, I’ve tried following it a lot of times and it just doesnt work. I was even on the brink of just letting the remote go. Then, I came across one thread in the community group that gave different steps on setting it up. And with one try, it worked! So I’m sharing this one with you, and see if it works for you as well.
1. Make sure your Supremo1 and your wrist remote is fully charged.
2. While your Supremo1 camera is off, press and hold buttons B and C together for 30 seconds.
3. After 30 seconds, release button B (the red button) first, then button C, and lastly, turn on your camera right away.
4. The setup is successful once the LED indicator turns blue.
*Let me know if it works for you 😉 If it’s still no go, you may need to contact your supplier.
Establishing WiFi connection
*In order for you to connect your camera via WiFi, you need to download an application (see apps list on this post) on your smartphone or tablet. I’m using iSport Cam.
- Download application from Google Playstore or Apple App Store.
- Go to WiFi settings on your phone, look for Wi-Fi_CAM_000 in the list of available wireless networks, and connect.
- Wifi Password for Supremo1 is 1234567890
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet.
Changing the date
- Long press the power button until the menu shows up.
- Once the menu pops, press the shoot button for 3 seconds until the settings screen is selected.
- Press the Wifi button to navigate options.
- Once Date & Time is highlighted, press the shoot button.
- Depending on your date format, it will adjust the number from left to right. Mine is YY/MM/DD format.
- To change each item, press the Wifi button. For the year, farthest that you can go is 2050, and backwards is 2000. To move the selection, long press the shoot button.
- Do not worry if you go past the date you wanted, just keep pressing the Wifi button and it will just loop back the dates.
- Once done, press the power button to return to menu. And power button again to exit.
Some of us arent really fond of watermarking our photos/videos with date or time. The Supremo1 have different options regarding datestamps.
- Long press the power button until the menu shows up.
- Press the Wifi button to navigate Menu.
- Press the Shoot button once Date Stamp is highlighted.
- Choose your preferred date stamp setting: Off, Date, Date & Time.
- Press the power button to exit menu.
Using the waterproof case
As of this date, there is no update if the makers of Supremo1 is producing spare waterproof case, so handle this case very carefully. If you’re not going to shoot underwater, I suggest you use the portable camera frame instead. To unlock, position your thumb on the lock, and your three fingers on the outer portion (lens part) of the clamp lock. Press the lock downward with your thumb, then pull the outer portion with your three fingers towards you.
Just a tip:
This is what I did to check if my waterproof case is not defective before using my Supremo1 for underwater shots.
a. Place enough tissue inside the waterproof case.
b. Close the case, then double check if it is perfectly sealed.
c. Fill the basin with water.
d. Submerge the tissue-filled waterproof case in the basin for a minute or two.
e. Once done, wipe the waterproof case. Open and remove the tissue inside. If there is any part of the tissue that got wet, you need to return your bundle to your product distributor for replacement.
Sample photos and videos
For now I only have one sample shot because I’ve been busy lately. Hahaha.
You can enhance your shots using photo editing apps like Camera360, Snapseed, VSCO or PicsArt.
In this photo, I used Camera360 app – HDR and PicsArt for watermark.
Read: How to set up Timelapse for Supremo1
- Underwater Shot
- Underwater Video
- Night Shot
- Night Video
*check out Supremo1 page for more sample shots. (see link below)
Apps that you can use for your Supremo1
ISmart DV ISport Cam CACWF Codisk DV
~PHOTO and VIDEO Editors
Power Director || Viva Video || Kine Master || Videoshop
Adobe Photoshop Express || MIX
VLC Video Player || MX Player
Where to buy additional accessories in Philippines for your Supremo1
- JayD. Action Cam Accessories for Gopro_ Sj
- Maricel Online Store
- Bettina’s Gadget Store
- SoRad (Cool Poles!)
- Rod Mark Villajuan (I believe he has the cheapest price for organizer bag compared to other online shops. Contact #: 09352994748)
Organizer bag prices:
Small: Php 280
Medium: Php 350
Large: Php 450
I wrote this post to help other users and those who are interested in getting their own Supremo1. I am not an expert in the field and other people’s opinion may differ (I can’t help it if I’m wrong hahaha). Do take note that this blog receives no payment or other compensations for advertising, and review of products and services. I paid in full retail price for my Supremo1 and Jackpod including shipping. The prices posted on this blogpost may be subject to change without prior notice. I am not affliated with the company of Supremo1 nor with the accessories suppliers or applications developer posted above, so all concerns/feedback regarding their products and services should be directed to concerned vendors/suppliers.
I hope you find this post helpful. If want to get more info, FAQs, & tips about Supremo1, join our Supremo1 community.
Check out other users captured Supremo1 moments (or share your if you have one) by liking the Supremo Facebook page.
For other social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter, search using the hashtag #Supremo1 or #SupremoWorld.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it!
Leave me some lovin’ by following me on these social media platforms
Twitter @tequiladramedy @tequilawrote
Instagram @tequiladramedy @tequiladramedyblog
Facebook The Tequila Dramedy
WordPress www.thetequiladramedy.com https://www.mscathie.wordpress.com
Thank you for taking time reading my blog! See you again soon!