Tequila’s Kitchen Diaries: Peanut Butter Cookies
As you all know, I just recently learned how to bake with the help of my mentor Tita Sandrah. Now that she’s back in Manila, I have to bake on my own, keeping in mind the things she taught me weeks before to guide me. And God bless our kitchen, it wont burn down.
Read: #BakingNoob No More
I was looking for easy recipes online and came across with the classic peanut butter cookies recipes. I think it’s an ideal recipe for baking noobs like me since it’s ‘easy’ to do and uses only few ingredients. I checked our pantry, and luckily I have all the ingredients on hand. (Tita Sandrah tip #1: Always store butter and flour cause you’ll never know when you feel like baking!) …and so the baking begins! 🙂
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup F & D peanut butter (For orders, contact (034) 707-2021 || 09477996006)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
OPTIONAL: Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cookie sheets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually incorporate dry ingredients into butter mixture. Continue mixing.
- Scoop dough into baking sheets. You can add semi-sweet chocolate chips or fill dough with peanut butter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on the tray before transferring them to a cooling rack or a plate.
Classic peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, and Filled peanut butter cookies. 🙂
Initially, I only wanted to bake plain peanut butter cookies, but I saw some semi-sweet chocolate chips so I made some with it. This is my dad’s fave out of the three. Mama’s fave, as expected, is the plain one. I guess the filled one is just too sweet for them.
How bout you? Have you tried baking? Whats your favorite thing to bake? I’d be really happy to read your baking recipes or baking tips in the comments section. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it!
Leave me some lovin’ by following me on these social media platforms
Twitter @tequiladramedy @tequilawrote
Instagram @tequiladramedy @tequiladramedyblog
Facebook The Tequila Dramedy
WordPress www.thetequiladramedy.com https://www.mscathie.wordpress.com
Thank you for taking time reading my blog! See you again soon!